Running to heart rate

1 watcher
Feb 2013
9:33am, 1 Feb 2013
62 posts
  •  
dibbers
Just getting in to heart rate training but need advice as to how I monitor it in practice. I have a gramin with everything set up.

If I want to run in a, say, 70-80% MRH zone, what happens if the route is hilly? Clearly my HR is going to rise, and probably above the 80%. So, so I ensure I slow RIGHT down on the hills to prevent this, or do I ignore this and just makesure the flat bit are in the right zone. I'm thinking even walking briskly up a hill might elevate my HR past 80%.
Feb 2013
9:35am, 1 Feb 2013
3,570 posts
  •  
icemaiden
Try the heart rate thread peeps, you'll get people who know what they're talking about his http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=3882

The answer is you have to slow down, that's what HR training is about. It can be frustrating but once you've done it a bit (and that bit can vary between weeks, months and years) you'll be running up that hill.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Just getting in to heart rate training but need advice as to how I monitor it in practice. I have a ...