Running Through Cancer

8 watchers
Dec 2021
4:47pm, 19 Dec 2021
7,824 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Thank you, everyone, for your support. This week's follow-up went well and they are confident that the cancer has been removed. The hospital are also very pleased with my recovery and that I am ahead of schedule. I'm still a tad sore and the incontinence is only bad when I rush things or hold on too long. I was never told that sitting or lying down would not cause incontinence. This was a pleasant surprise I only discovered after the catheter was removed.

I will need a blood/PSA test towards the end of January which of course will determine how successful the last couple of months have been.

Almost finish with the December blogs. Four parts completed with maybe one more before Christmas.
Dec 2021
6:10pm, 19 Dec 2021
53,248 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Great news Phil. Looks really positive
Dec 2021
8:30am, 26 Dec 2021
7,864 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Just got around to completing the survey on the other thread.

fetcheveryone.com/forum/cancer-treatment-and-exercise-survey-60245/

Went out for a light one mile run four days ago and everything went OK. Came back from a second run this morning to find some blood in the urine. Slightly confused by this as no issues after my first. Looking online, and some people suggest scar tissue and some suggest restarting too soon (I'm now week eight and I was told not to run for three weeks when discharged). I think I'll do another short run at the end of the week and call the urology team if the same thing happens.
Dec 2021
10:37am, 30 Dec 2021
7,891 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Blood still present after a 1.7 mile jog this morning. However, much less than on Boxing Day and quite thin. I'll put off the phone call for today and have another run on Bank Holiday Monday to see if there's any improvement.
Dec 2021
10:46am, 30 Dec 2021
53,411 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I completed the survey
Dec 2021
12:06pm, 30 Dec 2021
65,796 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Also completed. It was an interesting exercise (if you'll excuse the pun). As far as I recall, both times there was next to no interest or advice on exercise and activity beyond being encouraged to do what I felt capable of doing but not pushing myself too hard. The medical people seemed pleased to be working with someone who was relatively fit, but weren't much interested beyond that. I guess they felt I didn't need much encouragement or support.

I would not have been interested in exercise groups of events specifically for cancer patients anyway.
Feb 2022
10:50am, 9 Feb 2022
8,032 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Last week's PSA test came back as between 0.0 - 0.1, effectively meaning that the prostate cancer has gone. Will only be contacted by the consultant if necessary although six-monthly blood tests will now be the norm.
Feb 2022
11:09am, 9 Feb 2022
54,094 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Brilliant news Phil. Thanks for sharing

Iā€™m over two years all clear now and have a 31 mile ultra fell race in March and the 100 mile LDWA event in June coming up
Feb 2022
11:15am, 9 Feb 2022
67,085 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Good news, Phil. I'm three years clear, although the scan I had in mid-Jan still hasn't been officially reported.
Mar 2022
5:25pm, 28 Mar 2022
16 posts
  •  
christeeniee
That's great news Surrey Phil šŸ˜ƒ!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi All,

I've recently been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer & having a Radical Prostatectomy in A...