running sunglasses?

5 watchers
Feb 2019
4:23pm, 24 Feb 2019
240 posts
  •  
oprah
Anyone have any recommendations for running sunglasses? A relative bought me Oakleys for Christmas a while ago that were great, but they finally started to fog too much to be useful. I got a pair of Sunwise Petite Thirst, which fit my petite frame perfectly but also fogged up as soon as I put them on at home and by half a mile in I couldn't see anything - on a 4C day! Total waste of money!

I don't want to spend hundreds, but I want a pair that are light, won't fog up and will last a few years, so am willing to spend if they're decent.

Most of the places I've looked offer cycling/running sunglasses - I want something running specific for the anti-fog properties.

Thanks!

(I didn't see a recent thread on this topic - apologies if this is a duplicate.)
Feb 2019
4:31pm, 24 Feb 2019
10,105 posts
  •  
Ness
This’ll be useful for me too. Sorry I don’t have anything useful to add. I also have a pair of Sunwise Petite Thirst and they also fog up for me.
Feb 2019
6:02pm, 24 Feb 2019
2,079 posts
  •  
Fitz
Hmmm, I've never had a problem with foggy shades (Sunwise, don't remember which model) but I only wear them on very bright hot summer days.

However, foggy lenses generally, whether shades, normal glasses or indeed crash helmet visors, can benefit from using an anti-fogging product. I use Fogtech on my visors (at least, on the non-double glazed ones) and it's quite effective. Made in the US but should be widely available.

In fact, here tis:
amazon.co.uk

Old Wives tell tales of rubbing lenses with the inside of potato peelings to be equally effective but I've never tried it.
Feb 2019
7:11pm, 24 Feb 2019
13,349 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Worth keeping an eye on Sportspursuit, I got mine from there - real bargain. No fogging thus far.
Feb 2019
8:50pm, 24 Feb 2019
241 posts
  •  
oprah
OK - I'll have a look.

Fitz - I did try using anti-fog on my beloved Oakleys but that made them really blurry.
Feb 2019
5:29am, 25 Feb 2019
451 posts
  •  
Steak-n-Cake
I can recommend Rayzor Sunglasses :) rayzorinternational.com I've had a few pairs over the years of Rayzor Blaze. Can report they have not fogged up ever when running/cycling/hiking in even superhot temperatures - they stay in place too. Picked mine up for around £25 on ebay
Feb 2019
6:59am, 25 Feb 2019
3,505 posts
  •  
ndellar
I got some Karrimoor ones from Sports Direct for about £10 (did check they had the relevant protection stickers). Didn’t want to spend a lot in case they got dropped,
scratched or lost. In certain conditions they fog a little bit if eg if it’s cold and I am warm. Bit moving them from my face very slightly it fixes that.
Apr 2020
2:19pm, 25 Apr 2020
3,102 posts
  •  
Bob!
Decathlon is my running shop of first choice.
Apr 2020
4:57pm, 25 Apr 2020
3,558 posts
  •  
Mr. K.
I`m a massive fan of goodr - I would normally say try before you buy but......
Apr 2020
4:59pm, 25 Apr 2020
1,053 posts
  •  
xt350 🇳🇿
I like my Adidas ones, small and light and don't bounce on the nose and only $30 so lot cheaper than Oakleys and the like.

About This Thread

Maintained by oprah
Anyone have any recommendations for running sunglasses? A relative bought me Oakleys for Christmas a...