Running shop near Maidstone

1 watcher
Mar 2018
2:32pm, 29 Mar 2018
17,869 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Hi folks,

I'm going to be in/on/around the general Maidstone area next week and really need to buy some new running shoes.

I know what I need, don't need anything fancy like gait analysis or anything like that, but I'd rather use an actual shop.

I'm aware there's a Sweatshop in Maidstone and one at Bluewater, but, you know, Sweatshop/Mike Ashley/Karrimor/meh. By which I mean, it's not really a local shop for local people.

In Lincoln we have a wonderful place called the Lincolnshire Runner and I'm just wondering if there's anywhere similar in the Kenty of count.

Any recommendations?
Mar 2018
2:33pm, 29 Mar 2018
17,870 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Ah, now, there's a DW Intersport which'll bag me a discount. Anyone know it? Any good?
Mar 2018
9:21pm, 29 Mar 2018
2,920 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Kent isn’t brilliant for running shops that aren’t big chains.

The only places that spring to mind, I’ve not actually been to - Up & Running in Sevenoaks, Podplus in Ashford and a small one in Canterbury city centre that I’ve forgotten the name of. Ashford also has a few brand-name shops in the outlet such as Nike and Asics.
Mar 2018
9:25pm, 29 Mar 2018
2,921 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I’ve been to DW in Maidstone and to be honest I found the Sweatshop staff more helpful and knowledgeable than the DW staff (although I may be slightly biased as I used to run with the Maidstone SRC).
Jun 2020
1:28pm, 22 Jun 2020
106 posts
  •  
SteveCRunner
https://www.google.nl/search?q=running+shop+maidstone+map&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-nl&client=safari#trex=m_r:1,m_t:gwp,rc_q:running%2520shop%2520maidstone%2520map,rc_ui:10,ru_gwp:0%252C6,ru_q:running%2520shop%2520maidstone%2520map,trex_id:h2q2Kd
Jun 2020
2:01pm, 22 Jun 2020
19,415 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Interesting reboot of a post.

You know what? When I was little there was Sportique, which had two different stores at some point in the Stoneborough Centre, and Gabriel's Hill had two different Hubble and Freeman showrooms, the one at the bottom of the hill selling pool and billiard tables and such like, and the one half way up, sort of opposite Robert Dyas, which had all the smaller stuff like shoes, tennis rackets and masses of cricket stuff. Opposite that was a small Intersport place, and I seem to remember buying some football stuff from a gun shop on Bank Street.

That link above has a place called H&F Sports down by the 147 club. Is that a reboot of the old Hubble and Bubble of my teenage years?

As it happens, these days, I just go to Ashford outlet and find last year's model of Kayanos in the Asics store.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
Hi folks,

I'm going to be in/on/around the general Maidstone area next week and really need ...