Running shoes/peripheral neuropathy

1 watcher
Sep 2015
9:40am, 24 Sep 2015
16,962 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Dear shoe gurus,
I need some new running shoes I usually run ina Brooks Ghost or Glycerine but because of the chemotherapy I have developed perpheral neuropathy and even my most comfiest shoes make my feet ache. I am thinking I probably need to go wider and softer and I was looking for shoe recommendations. My nearest running shop is over 20 miles away.
Sep 2015
11:50am, 24 Sep 2015
6,360 posts
  •  
becca7
Some people with achy feet have found Hokas to be good.
Sep 2015
11:57am, 24 Sep 2015
19,719 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I am lurking as my husband has PN and would love to find some shoes that are comfy
Sep 2015
1:40pm, 24 Sep 2015
216 posts
  •  
sinj999
Asics do wide versions of the Cumulus and Nimbus models. These are both fairly neutral shoes.
You could also try buying a Man's shoe as it may be slightly wider than a female shoe.
Sep 2015
2:03pm, 24 Sep 2015
1,490 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Hokas are hugely cushioned, have a low drop but are quite narrow. Altras are wide (especially at the toe) and cushioned, zero drop. Either might be worth a look, if you're ok with the low heel to toe drop thing.
Sep 2015
11:09pm, 26 Sep 2015
16,963 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
I drove over to the running shop in Ilkley and they got out a few pairs for me to try. I ended up buying a pair of Skechers Performance. Really comfy and springy and I ran my fastest Parkrun of the year in them this morning. My feet and legs felt great afterwards

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Steady Edina
Dear shoe gurus,
I need some new running shoes I usually run ina Brooks Ghost or Glycerine but beca...