Running Shoes!

1 watcher
Dec 2014
3:04pm, 31 Dec 2014
10,866 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I got some Saucony Omni Pro Grid 11s and want to get some new shoes - do I just get the 13s? Are they the newer version of the 11s?
Going to a shop involves a specific journey as the decent running shop isn't near home or work (and doesn't really fit with work hours!)

Will be doing mainly treadmill work for now but need to do a lot more training with my 2015 plans!

Thanks
Dec 2014
3:21pm, 31 Dec 2014
6,164 posts
  •  
Ness
I'm switching between some Mizuno shoes I got from the nearest local independent shop (Coventry Runner) and some Brooks I got cheap online. When I need new shoes, which will be soon in the New Year, I shall be going back to Coventry Runner to get their advice.
Dec 2014
3:26pm, 31 Dec 2014
6,165 posts
  •  
Ness
With your big plans, I'd have thought a gait analysis might be worth it. Hopefully someone with more expert knowledge will be along soon.
Dec 2014
3:36pm, 31 Dec 2014
610 posts
  •  
Reinhold Messner
The thing with a decision like this is that you just have to make it and live with the consequences - you'll either buy the 13s or you won't... and will either like the shoes you buy or you won't.

For what it's worth I'd Google the 13s and see how different they are to the 11s, then either buy them or not.

(Disclaimer - the above approach has led to a roomful of shoes as I "either like them or don't" every few months)
Dec 2014
7:57pm, 31 Dec 2014
64 posts
  •  
totalbeginner
I had some running shoes and when due to replace I bought the same shoe online was labelled same make and model etc but looked slightly different. They do feel different on. In my (limited) experience I'd advise going into the shop to buy in future I don't think I would buy online again. Luckily my new shoes will be okay but they aren't quite the same

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
I got some Saucony Omni Pro Grid 11s and want to get some new shoes - do I just get the 13s? Are the...