Running shoe fit

1 watcher
Jan 2014
2:46pm, 14 Jan 2014
5 posts
  •  
Aimless Alliterations
Visited a running gear shop in Bristol (Moti) just after New Year to have gait analysis and get new shoes. I came away with a pair of ASICS Gel Pulse and they seemed to be fine in the shop but I've tried them on twice since then to wear in the house and they don't seem nearly as comfy as my old pair of ASICS. There seems to be a lot more of the tongue on display - in other words the shoes are a lot narrower than my old pair. I know I have wide feet and a high instep.

Should I persevere? As mentioned I've only had them on to wear around the house for a few hours on a couple of days.
Jan 2014
2:47pm, 14 Jan 2014
4,174 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I would go for a run and see how they feel after that.
Jan 2014
2:51pm, 14 Jan 2014
6 posts
  •  
Aimless Alliterations
I'm not sure the shop would be happy to exchange them if I took them outside for run.
Jan 2014
2:55pm, 14 Jan 2014
4,175 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Well I would phone them, express your concerns and say you want to test them doing what they have been purchased for. If they object to that I'm not really sure what to suggest. Guess you could just return them right now?
Jan 2014
3:40pm, 14 Jan 2014
2,519 posts
  •  
ChrisThePuma
how about popping to a gym and run on a treadmill for a bit? (unless you have one at home of course)?
Jan 2014
6:00pm, 14 Jan 2014
4,177 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Sweatshop let you run in new trainers for thirty days and you can still return them. Maybe use that as a bargaining chip.
Jan 2014
2:06pm, 15 Jan 2014
7 posts
  •  
Aimless Alliterations
Think I'll pay a visit to the shop. Its a bit of a journey but I'd rather get decent fitting shoes from the word go than mess around with discomfort and an expensive pair of doorstops.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mountkeen
Visited a running gear shop in Bristol (Moti) just after New Year to have gait analysis and get new ...