Running rucksack for smaller women

5 watchers
Feb 2013
4:54pm, 4 Feb 2013
2,248 posts
  •  
emdee
oh btw, the Salomon one - they come in two sizes.. XS/S and M/L - obv you'd probably want the XS/S.
Feb 2013
8:20pm, 4 Feb 2013
6,609 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
mbln, I was hoping to have one for the next ultra already - but if not, I'll ask people to let me have a try of their rucksacks. :-)

emdee, even £60 for a rucksack would mean cutting the food bill tight - twice that much is beyond my means, unfortunately. Glad you like it though!
Feb 2013
7:28am, 5 Feb 2013
6,610 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
After having been in touch with Liliaicha about the Raidlight some more, it seems it's not for me (not least because the waist belt doesn't get any tighter than 28'' - in case this info is useful to anyone reading this).

Hoping to try on the Gregory Navarino 12l next week as the shop was out of stock yesterday.
Feb 2013
8:18am, 5 Feb 2013
188 posts
  •  
DPBadger
Pete Bland have a bag sale on at the moment. I have the Inov 8 elite and a raidlight both are good for differenrt runs. Inov 8 elite to take stuff to work and the raidlight has drink holders on the front for races.
Feb 2013
11:52am, 5 Feb 2013
6,611 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
DPBadger, I'm looking for something that's compatible with a bladder (hence not the Inov-8 Elite) and the waist belt of the Raidlight doesn't go tight enough, I'm afraid. Tried on the Inov-8 Race Pro 12 and the shoulder straps were far too long - otherwise, it would have been perfect.
Feb 2013
6:25pm, 9 Feb 2013
192 posts
  •  
oprah
I bought a Gregory speedlite 6L and it is too heavy for me. I have used it once, and my back ached for a week after. I was looking for something slightly larger than my 2L pack to get my clothes and lunch to work (in the summer) without wrestling. This one, the waste pockets stick out really far right where my arms move, and they also feel like they add unnecessary weight.

Anyway, I can't imagine running with 12L, but in case anyone was thinking of buying that one, I wouldn't personally recommend it.

I've reverted to hyperorganisation and bringing my clothes, lunch and coat the day or week before.
Feb 2013
6:26pm, 9 Feb 2013
193 posts
  •  
oprah
waist* pockets. silly me.
Feb 2013
7:01pm, 9 Feb 2013
1,107 posts
  •  
susietwoshoes
I am a great fan of my OMM Last Drop despite it having no side pockets. I also like my Inov8 12L which does have side pockets but may be a little too long in the back for you. Riss has the Raidlight 10l which she loves it has lots of pockets and hidey holes. But all in all my very fav is my Deuter which I bought years ago in Germany, I use it for cycling and hill walking with the dog these days. HAve fun trying out lots of packs though.
Feb 2013
8:16pm, 10 Feb 2013
6,626 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Thank you, Oprah and Susietwoshoes!

Oprah, good to get some feedback about the Gregory rucksacks, especially as I can't recall seeing anyone wearing them as it seems to be a lesser-known brand.

Susie, the Inov8 (12l) was perfect for me in the back. I don't think I have a short back and actually prefer a rucksack to sit a bit lower (on my hip, not waist). However, it's shoulder straps wouldn't go anywhere near tight enough. It's a shame, since that rucksack seemed perfect in all other respects.
Feb 2013
8:31pm, 10 Feb 2013
6,238 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I am a 5' 2" petite girl and have the Osprey Raptor 10 with bladder. I think it's generally used for mountain-biking but I bought it for running and remove the bladder for more room when I need it. It comes in 2 sizes, the smaller of which is good for women with narrow backs.

About This Thread

Maintained by SpicedApple
I'm looking for a hydration rucksack with a volume of about 12l (plus bladder). Since I'm a picky ...