Running on snow/ice - Yaktrax etc

7 watchers
Nov 2011
6:26pm, 30 Nov 2011
5,468 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated!

I wore my Roclites last year without any problems and enjoyed the occasional slidey bit, but since I'm just recovering from a torn ligament in my ankle, I'm a bit paranoid about slipping/tripping/falling right now.
Nov 2011
7:17pm, 30 Nov 2011
8,774 posts
  •  
Meglet
Sorry, forgot about this, these are what I bought amazon.co.uk

Some of the reviews are poor but I found them really good, pull them up over the heel and toe well. I did a 5 mile run on ice and compacted snow with no problems. Crossing short stretches of tarmac is ok, you could take them off easily if it was a longer bit.
Nov 2011
7:54pm, 30 Nov 2011
6,502 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Inov8 f-lites are fab for snow and ice :) Plus the added of bonus of being fine on normal roads/pavements too :)
um
Feb 2012
3:24pm, 14 Feb 2012
3 posts
  •  
um
A late plug for YaktrakPros - after last weekend. I found them fine for packed ice, snow, slush and no problem for the odd couple of 100yds of clear road. No slip at all while running, compared to the obvious shock & frustration of walkers who where sliding about.
They can probably go back in the cupboard for another 11 months now?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by SpicedApple
It's that time of year again - well, hopefully soon. ;-)

Which Yaktrax (or similar product from ...