Running near the Etihad Stadium, Manchester

2 watchers
Jun 2013
3:56pm, 4 Jun 2013
2,228 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
I'm staying at a hotel near the Etihad for a gig and the hotel doesn't have a gym. Can anyone from that neck of the woods recommend a 5KM/10KM route for a mid-long length run. I hope to do about 10 miles but would prefer smaller lops of, say 5KM so I don't get lost! Also, is it reasonably safe running round there in daylight hours?
Jun 2013
4:12pm, 4 Jun 2013
1,673 posts
  •  
Endorphins Junky
Can't say anything for your specific location, but I use this website all the time when going somewhere new to find a route and measure it roughly.

goodrunguide.co.uk
Jun 2013
4:14pm, 4 Jun 2013
7,066 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Okay, I live right by the Etihad. There is a canal path that runs from the city centre, past Etihad Campus, and beyond. Alternatively, I can plot you out all manner of routes around there, depending on what you want. When about are you heading up?
Jun 2013
4:19pm, 4 Jun 2013
2,231 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
I'm there Saturday/Sunday. Am plannign a parkrun enroute Saturday am so probably looking for something Sunday am. If you could put a garmin track up for a run near there that would be fab Jamie. I'm probably looking for a route of about 5KM that I could repeat to make it up to what I feel like doing in total or maybe a 10Km on an out and back route?
Jun 2013
4:43pm, 4 Jun 2013
2,232 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Thanks EJ
Jun 2013
4:50pm, 4 Jun 2013
7,069 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/routes-view.php?id=1358006 is a fairly dull 5km loop around Openshaw - ignore the slightly squiffy start as my Garmin misbehaved.

Alternatively, if it's this Sunday, I could always come and run with you?
Jun 2013
5:00pm, 4 Jun 2013
2,235 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Jamie - that sounds great if I could do a run with you - that way I;m less likely to duck out if I have a hangover form the night before :). I'll PM you my contact details tonight & info on where I'm staying. Woudl you be able to run earlyish as the others I;m travelling with will likely want to head off on next part of our travels before it gets too late (we are off to another gig in Brum on sunday).
Jun 2013
10:40pm, 4 Jun 2013
2,236 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Jamie - just sent you a PM

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I'm staying at a hotel near the Etihad for a gig and the hotel doesn't have a gym. Can anyone from...