Running lead for small dog.

1 watcher
Jul 2013
9:53am, 11 Jul 2013
1,239 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Anyone got a good lead suitable for running with a small dog? Ideally one that goes around the waist ( mine not the dog's ) If so where did you get it?
Jul 2013
8:40am, 25 Jul 2013
68 posts
  •  
Ymee
My sister has a Bungee lead for her terrier, I think from Amazon. She doesn't use it much because he has a habit of running round her legs, also if he decides to bolt off after something/stop suddenly it's a pain. I think he's just a pain to run with, to be honest, but she finds holding the lead a little more controllable.
Jul 2013
8:55am, 25 Jul 2013
1,269 posts
  •  
wiener dog
I saw a small terrier kind of lead that goes around the waist on Amazon [IMAGE] Don't know if this would be ok? I've started running for just a few metres at a time with the hand held lead & he doesn't try & cut across me & seems quite happy to run. I just think I would prefer a waist lead as I don't like holding the lead in my hand.
Jul 2013
8:59am, 25 Jul 2013
70 posts
  •  
Ymee
I think the thing that attracted my sister to the Bungee in the first place was the fact that - in theory - the elastic should give some protection from the dog deciding to suddenly veer off. The manufacturers clearly didn't have Bertie the Raving Lunatic dog in mind, if your dog is less nuts you might be fine :-)
Jul 2013
9:10am, 25 Jul 2013
1,270 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Ha ha - No Bailey is quite good & doesn't tend to violently change direction! The lead I looked at wasn't bungee stuff though. I think he should be ok protection wise as he doesn't wear a neck collar we use a harness that the lead clips to, so it shouldn't pull on his neck. Thanks Ymee :-)
Jul 2013
9:27am, 25 Jul 2013
74 posts
  •  
Ymee
My sister uses a harness too when running, seems to work well that way, I was thinking more of protecting her than him!!! Anyway, size-wise for a small dog it was fine. Sorry,not really been much help, and have slagged off my sister's daft but cute dog in the process! Oh dear. Good luck with it anyway!
Jul 2013
9:28am, 25 Jul 2013
1,271 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Thank you.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Anyone got a good lead suitable for running with a small dog? Ideally one that goes around the waist...