BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Running in the rain

1 watcher
Nov 2012
8:21pm, 29 Nov 2012
5792 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
I actually really enjoy running in the rain, there's something utterly mental and exhilarating about it. However, I do find it really tough to get up motivation to actually get out into it - actually prefer it to start raining once I'm running.

I don't wear anything special though. I'm a northerner, well 'ard, innit?!
Nov 2012
8:26pm, 29 Nov 2012
5018 posts
  •  
fleecy
Twodogs!! You avoid the puddles even after HR? You utter wimp!
Nov 2012
8:54pm, 29 Nov 2012
536 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez
My running log tells a little story, I used to HATE winter running with a passion. COLD, DARK, WINDY, WET, SNOW and all those nasty things (I could go on!).

This year I decided it was time to MAN UP as I was tired of starting over again in the spring when running is more pleasant

I simply love summer running and found the contrast from summer to winter running HUGE. Shorts and T-shirt running in the sun is bliss! (Ahhhhhhh)

Anyway, now I don't think I am quite right in the head (to put it mildly), let alone what my neighbors think. ANY type of whether is running whether and the more extreme the better.

I personally think that the elements are part of being a runner and you should make friends with all of them otherwise you will be enemies for a very long time and it has really surprised what good friends we have become.

I bought a £6.99 cagoule that keeps me dry no matter what and I layer up under it. If it stops raining or I am too warm I just take a layer off and tie it round my waist. Happy days. :-)

I love puddles, love mud and you simply cant avoid the rain in good old Blighty, this summer and recent weeks being a perfect example.

The Pic shows some of the puddles I have run through this week as it a "little" wet near where I work but its been GREAT fun. :-)
Nov 2012
8:54pm, 29 Nov 2012
537 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Drell
Do you enjoy running in the rain? Do you hate it, but still do it? Somewhere in between?

If you d...