Running in Southampton

2 watchers
Aug 2012
3:24pm, 9 Aug 2012
5,881 posts
  •  
The Terminator
Ok am heading down to Southampton next week to stay with family in Maybush area. Have already decided to do my first parkrun on the common on Saturday but do any of you have any ideas of where else I can run, especially long runs, previously have just headed up Romsey Road past Five acres through Rownhams towards and past Romsey and back but would appreciate some more suggestions. I did grow up in the area but not sure which way to head, past Totton maybe?
lak
Aug 2012
3:30pm, 9 Aug 2012
164 posts
  •  
lak
The sea wall at lymington milton is lovely
Aug 2012
4:02pm, 9 Aug 2012
5,882 posts
  •  
The Terminator
Thanks Lak but don't want to drive to get there will have to be from front door of the parents house and back by breakfast to avoid wrath of Mrs TT :-) Lyndhurst and back I'm thinking....
Oct 2016
5:37pm, 15 Oct 2016
86,188 posts
  •  
GregP
Is this the default Southampton Marathon 2017 thread?
Oct 2016
7:24pm, 15 Oct 2016
8,499 posts
  •  
The Terminator
ooh I don't know but I am doing it :-)
Oct 2016
9:44pm, 16 Oct 2016
1,652 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I'm contemplating the Southampton Marathon next year. Is the race scheduled to be an early start? If so, it could cause a problem with staying local or travelling down on the morning as breakfast shouldn't be in the middle of the night.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Ok am heading down to Southampton next week to stay with family in Maybush area. Have already decide...