Running in Lisbon

1 watcher
Sep 2016
5:30pm, 27 Sep 2016
9,657 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
I'm off to Lisbon for a few days on Monday, and wondered if anyone had any info on good places to run?

I'm probably just going to put on on my trainers and head out towards the sea for some sightseeing but if anyone has any suggestions for a nice route/park/lookout point these would be gratefully received :)
Sep 2016
8:20pm, 27 Sep 2016
30,507 posts
  •  
NoFleecingAround
LazyDaisy was there not long ago, I'm sure she'll have some suggestions :)
Sep 2016
8:23pm, 27 Sep 2016
21,491 posts
  •  
HellsBells
We stayed in Belem which is great for running - wide paths right along the river.
Sep 2016
10:15pm, 27 Sep 2016
13,840 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
There's Europe's biggest urban park that you accordingly cannot fail to spot on a map. Along the river is popular and probably the only flat place.
Sep 2016
11:29am, 28 Sep 2016
515 posts
  •  
Fravage
Mrs F was there at the weekend, apparently it's a lovely place to run. She said all the joggers she saw seemed to be enjoying it anyway - her running kit stayed in her bag the whole weekend :)
Sep 2016
3:27pm, 28 Sep 2016
9,658 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Hmmm......seems I'm not staying anywhere near Belem, or the river, or any parks - my fault for picking a hotel near the bars and restaurants! ;)

I've only got a couple of short runs planned so looks like I'll just have to play it by ear when I get there - I imagine I'll just be running round the block checking out places for breakfast!
Sep 2016
3:45pm, 28 Sep 2016
3,824 posts
  •  
ChrisThePuma
Go over the bridge - it looked awesome when we sailed under it on our cruise :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
I'm off to Lisbon for a few days on Monday, and wondered if anyone had any info on good places to r...