Running buggies

1 watcher
Jul 2017
12:39pm, 4 Jul 2017
5,143 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Hey gang,

Just looking for some info about Running Buggies. Before the Boy came along I wasn't sure if I would be able to get back to running after hip surgery so we bought a "normal" pushchair/pram/transformer that cost the earth. I am quite keen to take him around parkrun etc now though, so am looking into the option of getting something. I am sure this will be a case of "you get what you pay for" but as we already have a pushchair, Mrs Bloom is less than impressed with some of the prices I am putting out there (in fairness so am I, this is going to be used once a week at most I guess).

Any advice/suggestions/"these things are pointless, use what you have" comments welcome.
Jul 2017
1:08pm, 4 Jul 2017
17,726 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I love mine, an Out 'n' about Nipper Sport v4.

it gets more than once a week use, as although it's not very good for shopping (very long and the front wheel is fixed, plus there's not a hatful of storage space) it's spot on for most other kinds of excursion, and the pneumatic wheels make for a comfy ride. It's actually easier to push than either of the other buggies we have, and the way it folds up, it doesn't actually take up much more space in the car than the travel buggy.

I'm off on holiday next month, up to Scotland. We're going to take the Nipper Sport, a child-carrier backpack thingy for "urban" days, and I'll put E in the seat on a supermarket trolley if in the supermarket.
Jul 2017
1:16pm, 4 Jul 2017
16 posts
  •  
iRicey
Have a look on eBay.

I got an oldish one - it's marked 'BabyJogger' but no idea on model or age. It cost £30 and I expect to be able to recoup some of it in a few years when I sell it on via the same method.

My theory was that it will likely be in good nick - either because someone has bought one and hardly used it because baby-running wasn't their thing, OR that they used it a lot and would have looked after it and carried out appropriate maintenance.

Any that look a bit shabby will be right as rain with some TLC - trip to the bike shop for handlebar tape, brake cables etc, fabric parts are usually all completely removable and washable, and the wheels are kids bike sizes so you can buy new tubes and tyres if required.

Definitely better than forking out £100s...
Jul 2017
1:43pm, 4 Jul 2017
17,727 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Aldi have recently/are currently hawking a combined biketrailer/running buggy deely.

There's a gentleman at parkrun has one, they're very good.
Jul 2017
1:47pm, 4 Jul 2017
5,144 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Is that this one DeeGee:

aldi.co.uk

It really will be used just for running. Mrs Bloom very happy with her Transformer so it will just be me using it when running.

I will also look on ebay :-)
Jul 2017
2:17pm, 4 Jul 2017
1,320 posts
  •  
stuart little
Have a look on the"running with buggies" group on fb too
Jul 2017
2:19pm, 4 Jul 2017
5,145 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Had no idea such a thing existed, thankyou!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Hey gang,

Just looking for some info about Running Buggies. Before the Boy came along I wasn&apos...