running backpack for petite women

4 watchers
Oct 2012
3:48pm, 21 Oct 2012
182 posts
  •  
catrina
An update to this thread in case anyone else is interested:

I ended up going with the Gregory Dipsea 6 from Run and Become, because of its women's specific fit and smaller size. I have worn it for 1 run, and not sure I will be able to use it again. It has definitely been designed for women and is small enough and adjustable enough to fit my frame perfectly, but there is so much padding in it that by the time I've filled it it is way too heavy. So much so that I had back pain for 3 days after wearing it. In a 6 litre backpack, I really can't see the point of having so much padding for so comparatively small a pack, but that's really disappointing. Another dislike is the pockets on the waistband stick out ridiculously far, and hit me where my arms pump, which is just poor design, or maybe I'm the wrong size. That was a lesser issue because I could cut them off and live with it.

I was just in the shop to try out the OMM last drop that some of you have recommended. I like that you can remove the padding, but when I tried it on it is too long for my back.

So, I'm back to square one, and will probably just leave my clothes at work the night before. I put my other 2L pack through the drier too many times now - it barely fits 1 litre.
Feb 2013
10:57am, 26 Feb 2013
11,074 posts
  •  
early bird
Just dug this thread up as I am looking for a back pack to cycle to work with but also could double as a day pack on longer runs. I need to carry full uniform (Inc shoes) things like phone,hair brush,diary,food,wet wipes and deodorant etc as well as wallet. I have had trouble in the past getting pack packs to fit as I have a narrow back (bra back size 32 and I am on the chunky side!!) I am also very well endowed in the (*) (*) dept :-(

I am tempted by the OMM but not sure about fit. It doesn't matter so much for the bike but will do for running. All other back packs I have tried in the past have been long in the body and the straps don't go short enough.
Feb 2013
12:10pm, 26 Feb 2013
4,584 posts
  •  
becca7
There might be some useful ideas on this thread EB, although it was started for a different purpose. http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=52794

The Raidlight one mentioned on there suits me. I tend to be able to fit quite a bit, including a change of clothes, in it.
Feb 2013
12:29pm, 26 Feb 2013
11,078 posts
  •  
early bird
Thanks Becca. I would like to be able to try before I buy tho and I seem to be finding it hard to find anyone who sells raidlight near to me (Peterborough) will check out the thread :-)
Mar 2013
1:11pm, 2 Mar 2013
199 posts
  •  
oprah
I have not found anything to suit me yet and have given up the search. It's been so cold this winter I've needed to bring a coat back and forth to work anyway, so have just been super-organised and brought my clothes in advance as well.

I think I would look into Deuter or Salomon if I was looking again. I see a lot of people with Deuters and OMMs.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by oprah
Hiya,

I've gotten cycling anxiety recently, and in order to keep my transportation costs down an...