running after a marathon
9:35pm, 1 Oct 2014
K5 GusThis is not recommended for 99.9999% of the population marathonmanuk.com
9:42pm, 1 Oct 2014
HappyG(rrr)By the way, a lot of responses so far have been from *very* experienced runners (Ultracat, V'rap etc.) I have done 10 marathons (or something) and I still take 2 weeks or more to recover and return to running. If in doubt, I'd say wait. Try a swim, gentle bike or even brisk walking for 30 mins before trying running again. You have done your body a serious mischief and it needs time to recover. IMHO! Best o luck. G
- best running watch for ultra marathon?
- A cold has started a few days before a marathon.... what is best?
- 5 Marathons in 5 Days
- What are the flattest / fastest marathon and half marathon courses
- Marathon on one run a week
- Marathon Pace Advice
- 68 yo first marathon looking for advice
- marathon in 8 weeks, taper advice
- 20mile races in marathon build-ups
- Which of these marathons would you chose?