Runners World Golden Mile 4 Week Plan

7 watchers
Oct 2021
6:23pm, 2 Oct 2021
4,231 posts
  •  
Kieren
runnersworld.com

It's a 4 week plan from UK coach, Trevor Painter. Has anyone done it? Or if you are thinking about doing it - watch the thread - & share your journey.

I'll probably start in a couple of weeks, after a bit more easy running (coming back after injury)
Oct 2021
9:24pm, 4 Oct 2021
12,722 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Just had a look at this and there's a lot of sessions there! I’d be interested in how people get along with it.
Oct 2021
10:27am, 9 Oct 2021
4,234 posts
  •  
Kieren
It's probably going to be a bit longer before I can start it now - minor delay on the injury recovery process. That probably means I wont do it this year as it will be too dark for morning track sessions by the time I am ready. Maybe the comment thread bump might prompt another Fetchie to have a go and report back.
Oct 2021
10:23am, 10 Oct 2021
15,476 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Looks roughly sensible on a quick look to me.

It does not look like lots of sessions to me - only 3x per week, which is what most people should be doing anyway (the long run *is* a session if done right).

Think you need a decent base leading in to such a schedule though - it's a sharpener going into the race, not a full training plan
Oct 2021
10:26am, 10 Oct 2021
15,477 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
If anything, there's a few too many non focused runs in that schedule - I'd want to perhaps tweak it to add some more focus.

I also think a rest day on a Saturday (which most people have off work) is stupid.
Oct 2021
10:29am, 10 Oct 2021
15,478 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Kieran - you could easily adapt to not do the sessions on the track and do them on the road (or grass) instead.

Just work out what 400m is in time for you and do it that way (or find a 400m loop or similar)
Oct 2021
9:33pm, 10 Oct 2021
4,235 posts
  •  
Kieren
Thanks Fozzy. I am coming back from a fractured ankle. I had planned to sharpen up on track because it's soft and flat. Short efforts would allow me to self assess.

I fractured my talus 100+ days ago. However recovery is going slower than expected so I wont be doing this any time soon.
Apr 2023
7:40pm, 3 Apr 2023
2,796 posts
  •  
tipsku
Watching this. I probably need something short and fun after the marathon on 23 April. I've never properly raced a mile. Coming off high mileage for the marathon, with a couple of weeks of recovery in between, I may have a go at that.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kieren
runnersworld.com

It's a 4 week Mile plan from UK coach, Trevor Painter. Has anyone done it? Or if you are thinking about doing it - watch the thread - & share your journey.