Runners knee ????

1 watcher
Dec 2014
1:35pm, 18 Dec 2014
2,107 posts
  •  
Hackett
During my run last night suddenly got sharp pain just below the knee area. Area sore to touch about 2" below knee cap. Very painful but ok when walking just when running. Is this the dreaded running knee ????
Dec 2014
9:04am, 22 Dec 2014
2,113 posts
  •  
Hackett
Tried to run again after 3 days rest - OUCH !!! Not wise.
Dec 2014
2:18pm, 22 Dec 2014
244 posts
  •  
mrsdistraction
Take a bit longer to rest it (at least a week), take a bit of ibuprofen, and don't rush it. I'm getting a lot of knee pain at the moment, so I need to lay off the running and nurse it.
Dec 2014
2:34pm, 22 Dec 2014
2,119 posts
  •  
Hackett
Got the Brighton Half Marathon Newsletter and Studio 57 discount physio - So booked myself in will keep on the nurofen until then .. possibly a little 3 miles the day before to see how it is and inflame it
Dec 2014
5:43pm, 31 Dec 2014
2,124 posts
  •  
Hackett
Recommend Studio57 .... Basically patella tendinitis causes by tight quad. Now foam roller and rock tape seem to be helping. No running until new year.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hackett
During my run last night suddenly got sharp pain just below the knee area. Area sore to touch about ...