Run/walk strategy - advice please
10:05pm, 10 May 2017
ColumbaAt the moment I am regularly doing 4:1 or 3:1, but haven't used it in a race (though have, in parkrun).
Also I once experimented by doing a route (about 8 miles) by running it in its entirety; and on a subsequent occasion, r:w -ing it. I didn't lose any time by r:w -ing.
About This Thread
- Run/walk ratio
- Run Walk Run
- The long run, run/walk strategy
- Running and Run-Walking Carrying Weight
- Which half marathon for run/walk practise?
- Chester Marathon and Metric Marathon 2022
- Sub 3Hr Marathon
- The sub 4.30 marathon thread - support, chat, achieve...
- The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread
- Sub-4hr marathon support and celebration thread
Heart Rate Analysis
See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.
Flat as a pancake?
We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!
Beat your league rivals to gain weekly promotion. Compete at every distance from a mile to a marathon.
We delve deeper to give you greater insights when working out your goal marathon time.