1:58pm, 22 Jul 2016
Andrew DHas anyone out there used the Galloway training method of a structured run/walk routine to complete a full marathon? I am intending to do a full iron distance triathlon next year and was thinking this might be the way ahead to get through the run. I have run several full marathons before with times from just under 3hrs to 3hrs 30, some felt good, some felt awful.
Just wondered if anyone had found it to work.
2:07pm, 22 Jul 2016
NellyI haven't personally, but there's plenty of discussion about run/walk on this thread http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=56059
3:07pm, 22 Jul 2016
Andrew Dmany thanks Nelly, plenty of food for thought there
About This Thread
- Run/walk strategy - advice please
- Run Walk Run
- The long run, run/walk strategy
- Running and Run-Walking Carrying Weight
- Which half marathon for run/walk practise?
- The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread
- Sub 3Hr Marathon
- Advanced Marathoning by P&D Any tried the schedules?
- Marathon training - splitting a long run into two.
- The sub 3.45 Marathon Thread
Track Your Exercise Reps
Press ups, sit ups, dips, squats - track it all here
The Ultra League
See the longest runs, rides, swims and walks from any given year on Fetcheveryone
Use your credits to buy and sell runners to make a profit. And 14 Fetch Virtual Badges up for grabs. Just for fun!
Are you doing the right training?
See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.