Run to the Beat Half Marathon 2013

1 watcher
Sep 2013
3:01pm, 8 Sep 2013
38 posts
  •  
Sniss
Well, not sure I picked the best HM to start with, the bottlenecks were appalling (complete stops at some parts), I've never been a fan of water in cups, and the only alternative was Vita Coca which you had to detour off course for ~25-50 metres to get.

I'm also a traditional in that if you advertise a goody bag, a key requirement should be a bag...Medal + Water is just not the same.

But, I did manage to come in under my goal time of 2:30 and recorded 2:25:54 which i'm really happy with, just dipped under 6 min/km for the final sprint finish which got me quite a few cheers :)

Think it'll be a while before I think about another, i'm such a fan of 10ks and although this one felt pretty good, I know I pushed a little too hard and will pay for it tomorrow (that's what races are for though right?)

Because of the stupid race number printed on shirt thing I couldn't wear my Fetch racing top I usually race in, so I have no idea how many other Fetchies took part, but know that I was thinking of you in spirit as I plodded around.
Sep 2013
3:14pm, 8 Sep 2013
23 posts
  •  
slowcat
Not impressed then with the race? lol think I will give this a miss then...was thinking of it for next year but perhaps not.
Sep 2013
5:03pm, 8 Sep 2013
521 posts
  •  
Fitz
I ran it last year and quite liked the number-printed t-shirts. I didn't experience the bottlenecks you describe, my only gripe with the event was the interminable wait for baggage reclaim at the end.
Sep 2013
5:47pm, 8 Sep 2013
2,474 posts
  •  
Tracey G
Not impressed by the shelving collapsing on the lady from my running club and another lady.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sniss
Well, not sure I picked the best HM to start with, the bottlenecks were appalling (complete stops at...