Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Run BST

2 watchers
Mar 2013
2:14pm, 19 Mar 2013
8230 posts
mulbs
Oooh Fetch, you've proper cheered me up! There is light at the end of the tunnel :-) I am looking forward to getting my dose of vitamin D while running without being dressed like either a deep sea fisherman to ward off the torrential rain or an arctic explorer to ward off the blizzards, I am looking forward to people everywhere being more cheery after coming our of hibernations, I am looking forward to some foliage and skylarks on my runs.

Thank you Fetch :-)
Mar 2013
2:20pm, 19 Mar 2013
275 posts
MPHinLondon
I must be the only one pissed off that my early morning run/ride is plunged back into darkness for a while.
Mar 2013
2:29pm, 19 Mar 2013
12543 posts
fetcheveryone
It is a bit of a pain for you early risers - but I've just looked, and within four weeks, you're back to where you started in the mornings.
Mar 2013
2:31pm, 19 Mar 2013
276 posts
MPHinLondon
Yeah, that's not too bad then!
Mar 2013
2:38pm, 19 Mar 2013
4323 posts
leaguefreak
Being able to run on the paths, having a bigger choice of routes because I feel safer out by myself.
Mar 2013
2:44pm, 19 Mar 2013
19640 posts
HappyG(rrr)
:-) Midweek club training is 7pm - we're a country club, so being able to run without head torches and less chance of being mown down by passing cars, trucks or tractors.
:-) Possibility that it won't be horizontal sleet/snow on running to work in the morning, or on a weekend run for that matter. Spring, what spring?!
:-) Being able to see where my feet are landing on runs very early before work (though mostly light now, unless starting very early) and anything later than about 6pm after work. Running on canal, hills, or country roads there are many perils under foot!

Yay to BST! Yay to Spring! Yay to Runny Britain! (If this was Australia you'd have to lie down in a fridge, cos it's too hot to run!) :-)G
Mar 2013
2:54pm, 19 Mar 2013
3211 posts
Kimbles
Being able to run at night on different routes without steet lights and the aid of a head torch
Mar 2013
3:13pm, 19 Mar 2013
387 posts
mushroom
I'm with you MPH - have to get used to colder and darker morning runs for a few weeks!

I guess a good thing is that we can go for our usual morning runs then, if we feel up for it later, enjoy another run in the evening - with both in daylight!
Mar 2013
3:23pm, 19 Mar 2013
1946 posts
Autumnleaves
Changing back to some of may favourite routes for midweek runs - no longer restricted by street lighting as lots have already said; less kit & caboodle for each run - hat, gloves, jacket, lights & base layers - wearing my capris tights again. More to look at during the daylight runs - spring flowers, tree blossom, a woodpecker to listen out for, bluebells, the changes in the fields in terms of crops, birdsong and all that jazz :)
Mar 2013
5:57am, 20 Mar 2013
171 posts
southcoastclaret
Depends on whether you are glass half empty or glass half full. The other way we early risers can look at it is that we get 2 lots of sunrises!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
12 more sleeps until BST comes.

Are you looking forward to it, and if so, what are you looking fo...