Run an Empire game

1 watcher
Dec 2018
11:54am, 30 Dec 2018
194 posts
  •  
roberton
I've just come across a new (well, to me) app called "Run an Empire": runanempire.com

It's a game that you play by logging runs which then relate to territories grabbed and other things. I don't really know because I've literally just installed it, I've not actually tried it yet.

Which is what this thread is for. Has anyone tried it? Any opinions on it after a few goes?
Does it compliment something like WSW?
Dec 2018
12:02pm, 30 Dec 2018
1,269 posts
  •  
Oranj
This looks like another variation of a game that came out a couple of years ago (I can't remember what it was called now but it also had hexagonal zones). At the time we all commented that it was trying to rip off Conquercise. It died after about a year, IIRC.
Dec 2018
12:04pm, 30 Dec 2018
1,270 posts
  •  
Oranj
Games like this need a community (like Fetcheveryone) to make them competitive and interesting. Anonymous apps don't have that.
Dec 2018
3:46pm, 30 Dec 2018
195 posts
  •  
roberton
You are probably right. WSW is at it's best when goading / complaining / crying on the forum!

I'll give it a go anyway and report back. Any run can count in more than one place...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by roberton