Royal Parks Half 12 October place

2 watchers
Oct 2014
9:49am, 2 Oct 2014
1,145 posts
  •  
Kimberlina
I am due to do this on the 12th October, but am in a lot of pain (hamstrings, glutes) and struggled to do 9 on Saturday, done 4 last night which was hard and am walking like an old lady today. I have been really trying as it's a lot of money to do this race, but I think I could end up really hurting myself :-(

Does someone want to take my place? I will be collecting the race pack on the 8th and I am in central London.

Thanks
Oct 2014
12:25pm, 2 Oct 2014
1,346 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I'd not heard of this race before - it sounds really good! Sorry to hear you're injured, I hope you find someone who can use the entry.
Oct 2014
7:28am, 3 Oct 2014
1,146 posts
  •  
Kimberlina
It is a lovely route through the royal parks in London and it's very hard to get a place, you have to enter ballot like London marathon and it was about £46!!! I have wanted to do it for ages too and it's the first time I made it in the ballot
Oct 2014
9:25am, 3 Oct 2014
1,347 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
Are you not able to defer and use your entry next year? Seems a shame to miss out completely...
Oct 2014
3:03pm, 3 Oct 2014
4 posts
  •  
Pip_G
I don't think there is an deferring permitting or legit transfers allowed. Someone would need to run as the op. I will buy it for 35 if you are prepared to sell it for that.
Oct 2014
8:10pm, 3 Oct 2014
1,147 posts
  •  
Kimberlina
No Alice, unfortunately you cannot defer or legitimately transfer which is a real shame.

Pip I have fmailed you :-)
Oct 2014
10:43pm, 3 Oct 2014
5 posts
  •  
Pip_G
Thanks. I have replied. Really happy to have a place as I had to pull out of Bournemouth half this weekend as I have been I'll :-) my training won't go to waste now. Hope your injuries get better soon. I know how frustrating it is.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kimberlina
I am due to do this on the 12th October, but am in a lot of pain (hamstrings, glutes) and struggled ...