Routes not showing up in training log

4 watchers
Oct 2016
7:19pm, 25 Oct 2016
2,060 posts
  •  
Drell
Something seems to have gone wrong with my training log: in the entries that have been added today, the routes aren't showing up on the map. One of them (auto loaded from my Garmin) says that "This user has chosen to hide his or her route." The other two, using stored routes, have the map coming up in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean somewhere. And Fetchpoint hasn't registered any activity.

Anyone have any ideas about what I could have done wrong?
Oct 2016
8:43pm, 25 Oct 2016
2,061 posts
  •  
Drell
bump. Anyone got any ideas?
Oct 2016
8:49pm, 25 Oct 2016
1,994 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
This has happened to a few folk who have newer Garmins, eg 230/235/630/735 etc.

What watch do you have ?

If it's one of the above, then switching it fully off, then back on again fixes it.

Garmin are aware of the problem, so should be fixed properly in a software update at some point.

More details seemingly on the Garmin forums
Oct 2016
9:38pm, 25 Oct 2016
2,062 posts
  •  
Drell
With the one autoloaded from the Garmin, the distance and everything showed up, but the map in the fetch training log won't display.

With the two using stored routes, I don't see that it can be anything to do with the Garmin... though admittedly I'm using a stored route for them because the Garmin didn't appear to record a route, though it recorded the time.

I'll fiddle around with them a bit more tomorrow.
Oct 2016
10:05pm, 25 Oct 2016
81 posts
  •  
Weath
Defo a Garmin issue with those watches. I had the same problem last week with my 630 and partner with her 235. No maps on Connect, strava or Sportstracks showed up but all had accurate distance and speed data.

A full-reboot of the watch, as recommend, resolved the issue straightaway for both watches.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Drell
Something seems to have gone wrong with my training log: in the entries that have been added today, ...