Route Picture of the Day Appreciation Thread

5 lurkers | 95 watchers
Nov 2022
8:55am, 10 Nov 2022
26,282 posts
  •  
Ness
Like it, Fetch! :) It was a lovely reminder of a spring holiday. And today's one of the deer reminds me of a blog that um did about the deer popping their heads up. It made me smile.
Nov 2022
9:01am, 10 Nov 2022
95,131 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I will try to take my phone with me more Fetch, to supply your stocks...
um
Nov 2022
9:39am, 10 Nov 2022
6,696 posts
  •  
um
Thanks for the explanation Fetch.
Nov 2022
9:55am, 10 Nov 2022
20,952 posts
  •  
Chrisity
I've just added another 13 from my hols for you Fetch, look forward to seeing them in 2025 ;-)
Nov 2022
11:18am, 10 Nov 2022
26,288 posts
  •  
Ness
Brilliant!
Nov 2022
12:36pm, 10 Nov 2022
2,291 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Just a few musings. N’owt dramatic😁

My route pics can be a bit misleading.

Every now and again I’ll do a run/walk with the intention of getting an “id” pic for one of my routes because I generally run without a phone and “off watch”.

I keep track of my mileage by allocating a “stock” route against each run.

I have a lot of routes!

Whenever I then run that route again, the old id pic is all there is against that route even if it’s the 100th time I’ve run the route and the pic is years old. The pics I choose reflect my view of the flavour of any particular route, or sometimes a favourite spot along the way. Sometimes beautiful (to my eyes) sometimes not.

If the route has an historical twist, as many around my home patch do, I’ll sometimes use a published library photo, credited where possible, because I like the connection between now and the past. For example, many of my runs include a section of beach (Stokes Bay) that was used extensively in training and preparation for the Normandy landings in 1944. I think of those that were here before and the contrasting circumstances we are in.

I really enjoy seeing everyone’s route pics, even though I don’t comment on them too often.

Thanks all for sharing.
Nov 2022
2:55pm, 10 Nov 2022
2,191 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
If the route and its picture are old, but you do it again recently, I wonder if it goes in the pot of pictures for consideration? Probably not.

It's a bit against my intuition to define a whatever run as a route after the fact, just so it is eligible for the route picture of the day. I get cluttered up with a lot of variations of local routes. Ideally, I would like to keep the routes a bit special. I get round this by having folders of routine and commonplace stuff to get them tidied away. What do other people do?
Nov 2022
3:48pm, 10 Nov 2022
95,150 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Bung them of Fetch when I think about it but since I don't train any more, just walk, cycle, nordic walk, I often don't even record them. Just head out. If special, I log and if planned and nice weather, I will take photos and attach.
Nov 2022
6:48pm, 10 Nov 2022
26,152 posts
  •  
Dvorak
If there's something I've taken a decent picture of, I'll save something as a route, so I can attach the picture.

I generate many fewer actual routes now, since I (much later than most) bought a GPS watch. Previously, nearly all runs/rides would be mapped manually as a route, as I'd rarely (apart from parkruns/ races) repeat a route.
Nov 2022
11:17am, 14 Nov 2022
35,741 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Happy memories of today’s route pic :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by _Suze_
A place to heap praise on the lucky person who photo is featured as Route Picture of the Day.

Here's a link to all the pictures, and an explanation of how you can add a picture to your route too:

fetcheveryone.com/routes-daily.php

Go on, have a look. They’ll make you want to get your kit on…

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.