2. Change to next June's run
3. 80% refund

Decisions decisions
May 2020
2:37pm, 27 May 2020
3,870 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
Ooh, not sure. And we only have a week or so to decide.
May 2020
2:51pm, 27 May 2020
5,573 posts
  •  
minardi
I know! I'm thinking I'll just guarantee my entry for next year seeing as how difficult it is to get into. I'm not overly keen on races in the early part of the year - there's always that worry of shit weather.
May 2020
3:00pm, 27 May 2020
6,404 posts
  •  
Sigh
My mate David (who I entered with) will be skiing in January, so we've deferred till June 2021.

I've also added the January date to the race finder - Minardi's already added the June '21 one.
May 2020
3:29pm, 27 May 2020
413 posts
  •  
Weath
Sheffield in January can be an interesting place!
(Probably summer 2021 for me).
May 2020
3:31pm, 27 May 2020
6,406 posts
  •  
Sigh
Interesting to see that the waiting list for the original event was 1,500! :-O

They could run this twice a year, every year.
May 2020
7:17am, 28 May 2020
5,575 posts
  •  
minardi
I've deferred to next June.
May 2020
2:50pm, 29 May 2020
414 posts
  •  
Weath
Another June deferral now confirmed here.
Apr 2021
2:30pm, 9 Apr 2021
6,530 posts
  •  
minardi
*IMPORTANT UPDATE*
We can now announce the Summer edition of the Round Sheffield Run is due to take place on the Weekend of the 26th & 27th June.
Running on both Saturday 26th June & Sunday 27th June.
By splitting the event over two days, it means we can make the event more relaxed with fewer runners on each day, and build in social distancing measures (if required) and plenty of space so everyone feels comfortable.
It also means that we can give other park users plenty of space, taking the wider community into consideration too.
Very important to do especially at the moment.
The hope is to be one of the first major running events back in the region, delivered in a professional and considerate way.
The format of the RSR is ideal to spreading people out as much as possible, whilst still retaining the jovial atmosphere it is renowned for.
So.
Everyone who already deferred to the summer event, you already have a place on the Sunday secured.
Everyone who has a place in the Winter event, you will have just received an email with your 3 main options.
To help us make this logistically possible please select defer to the Summer option with no preference on day if you can!

This will help us balance the two days and get everyone a start that suits them.
The admin task is a fair challenge, but something we are keen to get right!

Once everyone has been assigned a new start time, by the 18th April a week on Sunday we will send out further information and confirmations.
You can keep your place and transfer it to someone else, as places are a premium.
There won't be any new places available initially.
Anyone who has an entry for both the winter and the summer can defer their entry to next Winter.

There might be a handful available depending on what options people select.
Of course all of this comes with a big caveat, that we can't control the current pretty dynamic environment.
All we can do is keep innovating and coming up with solutions to attempt to bring back as many smiles on as many runners faces as possible!

Fingers crossed the positive direction things are heading in at the moment, and we are able to put on a great event that represents a significant step back to enjoying running and racing together that we've all missed.
Apr 2021
4:58pm, 9 Apr 2021
8,930 posts
  •  
Sigh
Thanks, minardi!

About This Thread

Maintained by minardi
After that interesting start to the entry system on Sunday, I appear to have a ballot place. Who el...