Rotterdam Marathon

2 watchers
Sep 2012
10:52pm, 25 Sep 2012
929 posts
  •  
FurryFeet
I'm thinking of doing Rotterdam as my first overseas marathon. I'm looking for any useful advice (I'll have Mrs-FF, Mini-FF (8yo) and Micro-FF (6yo) in tow.

Specifically, recommendations for Hotels near the start, and travel plans (I'm favouring the Harwich overnight routes at the moments).
Sep 2012
11:03pm, 25 Sep 2012
12,762 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Stayed here:

booking.com

although I was travelling solo. Had a balcony with views over the neighbouring gardens.

Not a bargain basement offering, but within my restricted budget, and about 10 minutes from the start.
Sep 2012
11:06pm, 25 Sep 2012
12,763 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Nice part of the world. No stand-out sights, but pleasant enough and everyone speaks English.
Sep 2012
8:26am, 26 Sep 2012
930 posts
  •  
FurryFeet
Sounds great thanks DeeGee.

Anyone else planning to do this race?
Sep 2012
8:30am, 26 Sep 2012
12,765 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I'm lucky in that I live 12 miles from an airport with frequent 50 minute flights to Amsterdam, so I flew to Schiphol and got a train to Rotterdam.

Not doing it in 2013, but I'm considering it again in a couple of years so I can have a tilt at VLM GFA if I haven't already nabbed it...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by FurryFeet
I'm thinking of doing Rotterdam as my first overseas marathon.

I'm looking for any useful advice, specifically related to taking the family, and hotel recommendations.