BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Rollerfetchies

2 watchers
5 Jul
8:43pm, 5 Jul 2021
12811 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Soooooooo do any of you skate?!

I’ve just got myself an awesome pair of Moxi’s and off for some lessons soon.

My dream being some open air skating down at Ipswich water front

Any tips?!
7 Jul
11:10am, 7 Jul 2021
39099 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol. Sounds fab. Not since 1982 in my case! If I lived by a very smooth and not too busy, path along something nice, like a seafront, I'd love to do it. But not if rough, and not if busy with dogs and kids and people milling around. It's a pretty fast thing once you get going, isn't it?

Enjoy! :-) G
7 Jul
11:47am, 7 Jul 2021
3201 posts
  •  
Tom Tom
Have seen a guy skating down there...he has some serious skills!
I used to be welded to my roller boots as a kid, but haven't done it for years. Did have a one night revival when the running club organised a night out at a rink...I could still do it, but my thighs knew all about it the next day! Have been tempted by the whole roller derby scene, but am far too injury prone as it is!
Good luck with it, may see you down the Waterfront some time...
7 Jul
4:20pm, 7 Jul 2021
76261 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I used to ice skate, then roller skate when I moved to London. Since moving to a very hilly area with very rough roads, I haven't touched my rollerblades, sadly.
27 Jul
8:29pm, 27 Jul 2021
12828 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
I’ve missed these replies! Sadly my new moxi’s stay undercover as we went and sold our house so my skating will now be a late autumn project

Thinking after we’ve moved and after Yorky something I can concentrate on training on into winter and then spring get going

I ordered knee pads, elbow pads and hard wrist guards that to be honest you could be glad of running sometimes!

Roller robo cop lol
27 Jul
8:47pm, 27 Jul 2021
6969 posts
  •  
Dooogs
I loved roller discos as a tween - Dun Laoghaire's Top Hat was ace (and still what I think of as a classy nightclub in my mind's eye, despite it being demolished well before I was raving age)...
27 Jul
9:38pm, 27 Jul 2021
76871 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I only ever used those wrist things: well worth it!
27 Jul
9:43pm, 27 Jul 2021
8115 posts
  •  
sallykate
I bought my daughter (15) some Moxies last year during spring lockdown - she loves them but hasn't touched them for months now!

She spent a fair bit of time stretching to get ready for some of the moves like pistol squat-type rolling.

I must try and get her back on them during the summer holidays.
27 Jul
9:43pm, 27 Jul 2021
8116 posts
  •  
sallykate
Will ask her what her favourite YouTube channels were for skating.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Soooooooo do any of you skate?!

I’ve just got myself an awesome pair of Moxi’s and off for so...