Rock n Roll Edinburgh Half

13 watchers
Apr 2012
8:33pm, 16 Apr 2012
2,743 posts
  •  
Scottynbn
Well done yesterday everyone! Great pics too Ellem :-) Hope the hangover has gone TD ;-) We hit the pub too but I was back home at 6pm. Still struggled during the 4am cycle to work this morning though
Apr 2012
12:48pm, 17 Apr 2012
1,542 posts
  •  
Kimbles67
In a moment of madness and having a pretty crap day, I have entered this for next year.

C u in 2013 :-D
Apr 2012
1:14pm, 17 Apr 2012
298 posts
  •  
shyfire
Race link for 2013 is here. There's another 2 peeps down already :-)

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=69670
Apr 2012
11:19am, 21 Apr 2012
8,099 posts
  •  
oceanspirit
Found the rock n roll stand at the london expo yesterday.

I've emailed my cousin from the states to try and get her over to run this next year. She does a lot of the races over in the states and then would get that really cool medal called the "world Rocker". :-)

If my cousin comes over then I'm allowed to do this race. :-)
Apr 2012
12:15pm, 21 Apr 2012
367 posts
  •  
crooked-smile
Just got my souvenir copy of the Edinburgh Evening News. Really nice idea, then sending copies out... Shame I'm not in it though!!
Apr 2012
4:10pm, 21 Apr 2012
276 posts
  •  
jacs205
Evening news times were from the clock which hacked me off since I was in the last 'corral' and had been to the porta loo etc from between it starting and me starting.
Apr 2012
9:03pm, 21 Apr 2012
368 posts
  •  
crooked-smile
If they are going to have corrals like that, they shouldn't really use gun times, it's not fair. It also encourages slower people to start nearer the front (and give me runners' rage :p) to get a faster time...
Apr 2012
9:14pm, 21 Apr 2012
306 posts
  •  
shyfire
I inadvertently found myself in corral no 3 instead of 10 on the basis that we were running late & just slipped in a gap with some other blue numbers!

After a few pointed 'whats the slow fat lass doing here' glances ;-) realised my faux pas, everyone in fact had blue numbers and so I made the walk of shame back. Cost me about 15 mins gun to chip time :-(
Apr 2012
10:45pm, 21 Apr 2012
2,746 posts
  •  
Scottynbn
I think there will be changes next year. The gun vs chip placings must be one. Simply put...have chip, place by chip. I was meant to be in corral 3 but ended up in 4...with no problems at all. There was plenty room to run once we started. Every race has folk in the "wrong" pens, just as parkruns or non-chipped races rely on people to be honest with themselves as to their best starting point. Shyfire...you should have stayed and not made the walk of shame :-) Also, in any distance race a lot of runners like a negative split. So, they enter using their fastest race time (if they are honest) but will start slower than folk who like to zoom off. So runners-rage from others is all fine and good...until those "others" get overtaken ;-)
Apr 2012
10:48pm, 21 Apr 2012
2,747 posts
  •  
Scottynbn
I know...i`ve been overtaken in plenty halfs and a couple of marathons after epic fails at the start!

About This Thread

Maintained by
So who's doing this on 15th April? I am but to be honest I have little or no excitement about it :...