Robin Hood Half/Full Marathon 2016 (Nottingham)

12 watchers
Sep 2016
11:15am, 26 Sep 2016
3,688 posts
  •  
minardi
That's a fab picture SOD :-)
Sep 2016
11:16am, 26 Sep 2016
650 posts
  •  
Uyuni
That's a lovely photo for mile 23!

(shame about the incinerator chimney mind)
Sep 2016
11:55am, 26 Sep 2016
649 posts
  •  
Wednesday Mouse
Well I had a chuffing brilliant time :) Not stopped grinning since yesterday afternoon :)

There were a few dull bits, and it really was a race of two halves. I wasn't quite prepared for how sparse the runners/supported would be once the full marathon splits off from the half, and some of the route in the last half was quite dull. But! I really didn't mind, I had an absolute blast and I finished without dying which was the main thing!

My garmin measured 26.13, but that's within general error margins I think. I did notice the mile markers were out of whack at points, but wasn't really focussing on them, preferring to use my watch.

SOD - I don't recall any problems with the turn you're on about, but then there were a few runners in front me I was following. Without them I'd have probably made a similar mistake.
Sep 2016
11:58am, 26 Sep 2016
17,543 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I rather enjoy Nottingham. Apart from that nonsense around a lake, and Mablethorpe (which is the closest I get to a home fixture), Nottingham's the race I've done the most. If I don't go to Berlin next year I might be back. Possibly for the half, though.
Sep 2016
12:27pm, 26 Sep 2016
1,139 posts
  •  
jabberknit
My Suunto said it was a bit long too, 26.5, but then it went a bit bananas with the elevation too and apparently made Nottingham's hills even worse than they actually were (over 6,000 feet of elevation?!), so I'm not totally convinced of my own watch's accuracy. Close enough over 26 miles.

Didn't know that about road maras and off-road bits, DeeGee, thanks - will just have to be resigned to bits of cross-country thrown in with my lovely tarmac.

What a lovely picture of Mr & Mrs SOD!
Sep 2016
10:58am, 28 Sep 2016
11,246 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
Really enjoyed the marathon on Sunday, had a great tune running with Mrs SOD. We ran together, from start thru to the end....

Sep 2016
11:03am, 28 Sep 2016
656 posts
  •  
Uyuni
Well done Mrs SOD, really pleased to hear that you both enjoyed it

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Will_Uyuni
As thoughts turn to autumn races I thought I would do a thread for the Robin Hood half/full on Septe...