plodding hippo
And what was wrong with Holme pierrepoint

that lovely head wind;)
Jun 2013
3:12pm, 28 Jun 2013
192 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
I thought it was a fantastic route, the biggest lump was a railway bridge and there were lots of straight roads to really focus on suffering properly.

One man's caviar is another man's dodgy fish eggs! Or the other way round.
Jun 2013
3:17pm, 28 Jun 2013
48,854 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
yes but Boots industrial estate?

Hokay, it was pretty flat, Ill give you that
Jun 2013
3:19pm, 28 Jun 2013
7,587 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
All races just want to be flat these days. Dull.
Jun 2013
3:23pm, 28 Jun 2013
48,856 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
this weekends mara certainyl wont be flat!
Jun 2013
3:40pm, 28 Jun 2013
661 posts
  •  
Craig_
The old first half route used to be amazing - okay it wasn't flat but it was interesting and seemed to sweep through the better bits of Nottingham showcasing the city. I recommended it to loads of friends - all of which loved it for their first half.

Granted the second half was a bit windy (!) but one industrial estate looks like another - or am I being too harsh? I suppose the changes to the second half could make up for it...?
Jun 2013
3:42pm, 28 Jun 2013
665 posts
  •  
Canute
I think it is a shame that they have replaced the spectacular climb up to Wollaton Hall, with a tour of Boots campus. The support from the crowds lining the winding uphill path in Wollaton Park used to be great. In contrast, in last year’s HM, it appeared that they discouraged supporters from entering Boots campus. However the section through Boots is only about a mile. The current route through the university is great and it looks like the new route through Colwick Park will be good. If I thought I could be fit enough for the full marathon this year, I would love to do it, but following the various arthritic problems I have had this year, I will stick to the half this year, and aim for the full marathon in 2014.
Jun 2013
3:56pm, 28 Jun 2013
13,266 posts
  •  
Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
I loved the bit around the rowing lake :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by plodding hippo
Woohoo! This has just made my day!