Ripon Black Sheep Triathlon

4 watchers
Jul 2011
8:51am, 14 Jul 2011
959 posts
  •  
Durham Dawdler
Damn, same day as Darlington 10k where I will be supporting my long suffering wife
Jul 2011
10:15am, 14 Jul 2011
1,012 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Hmmm. I'm supposed to be doing a Bob Graham support leg on the 13th, but I'd really like to do the Allerthorpe tri [thinks] .....
Jul 2011
10:20am, 14 Jul 2011
960 posts
  •  
Durham Dawdler
go on NE, you're a triathlete now. We can do anything :-)
Jul 2011
11:21pm, 16 Jul 2011
3 posts
  •  
trackvet
Just read Northern Exile's blog, and it could have been me writing. It almost exactly described my own first experience of a triathlon, down to the transition woes, struggles into the wind on the bike, and lifeless feeling in the legs. Only NE went a lot quicker than me, but I have the same determination to improve next year, and I think I have already idenfitied a few things that will see me dip under 3 hours next year. Great read NE, thanks, good to know there are others in the same boat as me. Cheers!
Jul 2011
7:29pm, 23 Jul 2011
1,014 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
You are welcome, glad my untidy words struck a note! Sorry for the delayed response, have been away for a few days running around mountains :-)
Jul 2011
3:18pm, 25 Jul 2011
1,702 posts
  •  
Skunk
NE - do allerthorpe!! its fast and pancake flat! The run is longer than 10k (just) however i think the swim is a tad short. i may see you there if you do it!
Jul 2011
5:37pm, 25 Jul 2011
1,020 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I'd like to, really I would, however before I knew about it I'd already volunteered to do a Bob Graham support leg on the 12th, it might be pushing it to expect anything like a performance from me the day after that!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Northern Exile
My local triathlon ... it's also my first so am looking forward to getting some good advice!