RIP PRINCE

3 watchers
Apr 2016
9:00am, 22 Apr 2016
12,727 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
I didn't really 'get' Prince, but this year it definitely feels like the Grip Reaper is getting closer. :-(
Apr 2016
9:01am, 22 Apr 2016
3,584 posts
  •  
Huntsman
Sad :-(
Apr 2016
10:06am, 22 Apr 2016
11,789 posts
  •  
mulbs
HappyG thanks for the listen again link
Last time I listened to back-to-back Prince for hours was when I was getting ready to go and see him at the Roundhouse. I was lucky to have seen him at Wembley for the Lovesexy tour and then at the NEC last year before the Roundhouse. I waspoised and ready for the Piano and a Microphone tour. He was a bloody marvel - such an energy and such an entertainer.
Apr 2016
10:18am, 22 Apr 2016
6,626 posts
  •  
Garfield
Very sad to hear this.
Apr 2016
10:25am, 22 Apr 2016
1,487 posts
  •  
Fitz
Saw him twice, Wembley Arena on a tour that was very stripped back compared to Purple Rain or Sign o' the Times. Very stripped back but he still blew the place up, I couldn't believe dear old Wembley Arena could rock like that.

Second time was at the O2, disappointing by comparison, too many covers of other people's songs and quite a short show.

But I would still have been desperate for Piano & Mic tickets.

RIP, what a star.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Eynsham Red
Died today aged 57. :(