Ridiculous WAVAs in profiles based on 100m sprint times rounded down.
12:53pm, 15 Apr 2013
The TeaboyWhat if we have someone on Fetch who actually legitimately does a 100%+ WAVA. This is perfectly feasible with age-group records, particularly female ones, since WAVA is not actually calculated off the world best time, but (I believe) the seventh best. There is a FV65 who runs at about 100% WAVA at the LFOTM5k races.
6:03pm, 24 Jul 2016
CharliePOn a related note, what are the "rules" for rounding results timed to the decisecond? Always round up, always round down, or round to the nearest? I ran a recent 5K in 21:00.2 - should that be 21:01 or 21:00?
6:09pm, 24 Jul 2016
CharlieP(I'm assuming always round up, on the basis that you can't claim to have run faster than you actually have!)
About This Thread
- Sprint Triathlon Jul 2011
- Track & Field Fetchies Oct 2023
- Can you run as fast as kipchoge, for 400m? Sep 2023
- 100m tips for distance runner? May 2019
- breaking the 2min barrier for the 800m Aug 2016
- Open masters/veterans track meets? Jul 2016
- How to train for a track 6 hour race Jan 2013
- How do sprinters and middle distance runners train? Jun 2012
- How to pace track races? (1500m in this case) Mar 2012
- WAVA and ranking tables Mar 2023
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?