RideLondon 100

32 watchers
Aug 2013
11:56am, 7 Aug 2013
3,334 posts
  •  
sallykate
My sticker's staying on my helmet for a while! A guy at work tweeted that he was keeping his on too (and it's not like he's a novice, sped round in 4.19!)
Aug 2013
2:24pm, 7 Aug 2013
505 posts
  •  
tiamo69
I thought we kept it on & then placed next years on top!?

the frame sticker is staying on the bike...

The shirt number & handlebar numbers will be put away for posterity...
Aug 2013
3:17pm, 7 Aug 2013
509 posts
  •  
tiamo69
just checked back to the Marathon Photos site & i'm now up to 19 pictures (still with random rotund gent in Orange top in one!?)...

however, now they've got the video clips up, with low grade snippets taken at 5 points on the route (well 4 really + finish straight & finish line). I'm cruising & almost missed myself LOL!

also, now got Medal Pics up to; my helmet was off, so i'll let them off the delay! :)
May 2016
1:16pm, 13 May 2016
16,743 posts
  •  
Meglet
Having failed in the 100 ballot I've got a place in the 46 ballot (random distance!)
Starts immediately after the 100 and does the beginning and end of the same route.

Logistics could be tricky, my BF has a place too and we are supposed to be at a family do that weekend too.

Can someone tell me how it works? How do you get to Olympic park with bikes and away from Mall at the end and back to your car, wherever that might be?
May 2016
1:17pm, 13 May 2016
16,744 posts
  •  
Meglet
Gosh this is an old thread, sorry. First one I found.
May 2016
1:35pm, 13 May 2016
23,304 posts
  •  
macca 53
well -restarted Meg - I have a place in the 100 (target sub 7 hours) and had the same questions as you. I'm guessing the answer is "ride your bike muppet*"
May 2016
2:41pm, 13 May 2016
472 posts
  •  
Dibble
With the 100 they offer car parking spaces in central London. The details usually come out the same time as the start times.

We tend to go for a car parking space somewhere not too far from the finish so you have a short ride back at the end. The ride to the start can then be about 7 miles, but it's early in the morning and the roads are deserted (except for bikes).
May 2016
3:19pm, 13 May 2016
4,102 posts
  •  
Winded
One of the car parks is near an NHS hospital; top tip - go to the hospital first and use the loo to avoid the loo queue.

I have a place, no idea of a target time as my fitness is a bit random but may have got some miles in by then. Also I am not turning up in a group so it depends a lot who I fall in with. So many people are riding that finding a wheel of the right speed to hide behind for at least a bit of the route is fairly easy.

I recently rode 100 in just over 8 hours but the conditions were poor and the route was much hillier and the road surfaces much worse. The RL has a few steepish bits but is generally a fast route on good surfaces; fit club cyclists in a group may expect to go under 5 hours in good weather.
May 2016
3:24pm, 13 May 2016
4,104 posts
  •  
Winded
For clarity for me to get round in 5 hours this year would take lots of training I have not done and a pack of dedicated domestiques.
May 2016
8:06pm, 13 May 2016
16,746 posts
  •  
Meglet
Thanks Dibble. I've never driven into London before, always get the train down! Wasn't at all sure how far it was between end and start, but parking near the end makes sense. We might be staying overnight anyway (we will be, it's too far for an early start from Yorkshire), but where is the issue, seeing as we have a family event in Buckinghamshire that weekend.

About This Thread

Maintained by tiamo69
Site for Fetchies Doing / hoping to do the inaugural RideLondon100 on August 4th 2013

Group rides / Help n Advice / Mass Fetch Freedom Ride on Saturday 3rd! etc
Arrange Fetch Support Points etc