BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
1:31pm, 1 Aug 2016
JubearOh no, that's so sad... How quickly your day can go so wrong...
8:44am, 2 Aug 2016
DibbleSo sad to hear about the fatality and also the injuries and hold-ups. I do feel they should either cut down the numbers or spread out the start times more as it can easily get so crowded.
Having said that, we had just about the perfect day. A clubmate and I managed to get the same starting time at 6:32, so we decided to see if we could do the whole route without stopping and just managed to achieve our sub 5 hour target in perfect weather and only saw one minor incident (someone slipped on the Box Hill roundabout, but got up quickly).
About This Thread
Maintained by tiamo69
- Best place to stay for London Marathon - near the start of the finish?
- London marathon 2022 date change.
- Fetch London Retro Social 8.2.19
- London Marathon 2020
- Vitality London 10,000
- World Marathon Majors - a 6 star quest
- Thames Bridges challenge
- VLM 2021
- london marathon 2021 Ballot watch
- The Monopoly Run