Hmmm....wrong thread perhaps?

So....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6PDPwpJxg
Mar 2021
11:55pm, 15 Mar 2021
22,141 posts
  •  
Dvorak
And last year's was even worse and I was thinking there was going to be none this year. Which was alarming, as the rhubarb has been here possibly longer than I have. Well overdue dividing, I think. The rhubarb, that is. But the faintest of growth was visible when I cleared around it earlier.

But there are signs in a pot from a crown of raspberry rhubarb I bought last year, so that's encouraging.
Mar 2021
6:29am, 16 Mar 2021
11,401 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Divided mine this year and now have 3 clumps showing sign of growth
Mar 2021
7:10am, 16 Mar 2021
1,537 posts
  •  
Mushroom
We've recently dedicated a veg bed to rhubarb, and bought and planted 3 new crowns a few weeks ago. I've since been told that it's best if you leave the plants for their first year, without cropping, and just to leave the stems to die back, so it helps to nourish the plant for future benefit.

So, another year to wait. This is going to be the longest build up for a rhubarb crumble. Is it too soon to get the crumble topping ready..!?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
It is bloody great. Somebody tell .B., crumble especially so, poached with.ginger.....add ice cream...