Restless Legs help please

4 watchers
May 2011
6:05am, 17 May 2011
6,935 posts
  •  
pink-lady-kat
V i never thought about the fibro being part of it for i have had it for yr hmmmm

i had a hot bath before bed and just made me feel sick too hot i guess .

thanks for the help
Nov 2014
9:53am, 13 Nov 2014
1,028 posts
  •  
Fitz
I had a right dose of RLS last night. Stopped me getting to sleep for over an hour and woke me a good few times during the night.

What an odd sensation. It's not a pain, an ache, an itch or a throb, it's just, well, restless!
Nov 2014
12:07pm, 13 Nov 2014
598 posts
  •  
Phil70
I once read that RLS mainly affected women, smokers and those who have caffeinated drinks. However, I don't fall into any of the above!

I try not to have a hot drink after 8.00 pm and also avoid biscuits after this time. When I go to bed, I lie on my side with the limb in question tucked under me, like a foetal position. If I get RLS during the night, I tend to hang my leg out of the bed so it's not too warm or just get out of bed and start some stretching.
Nov 2014
12:38pm, 13 Nov 2014
5,825 posts
  •  
Footpad
I once heard it described as carbonated muscles.... which sort of feels about right to me! No idea how to get rid of it. I just get up and have a walk. Luckily I tend to drop off to sleep very easily so can manage it.
Nov 2014
5:24pm, 13 Nov 2014
1,029 posts
  •  
Fitz
I do like a coffee (but have cut down recently) but don't fit the profile otherwise, Phil70. I've had it a few times but never as bad as last night.
Nov 2014
5:47pm, 13 Nov 2014
First-time poster!!
  •  
Enschede77
Having come off Codeine Phosphate at the end of September, have had RLS syndrome since. Sleep pattern is atrocious!
Nov 2014
6:21pm, 13 Nov 2014
31,466 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
The biggest - the ONLY - thing that sets me off with restless legs is running or cycling too late in the evening.
Nov 2014
8:33pm, 13 Nov 2014
1,030 posts
  •  
Fitz
I got my latest dose after not running at all for three days. Perhaps my legs were truly restless and trying to tell me something, like, "let's go for a run!"
Nov 2014
10:51pm, 13 Nov 2014
11,410 posts
  •  
danny wilde
Sleeping with the legs raised up on a pillow or on a folded part of the duvet helps me. It can be awkward to achieve as I tend to sleep on my side. I usually also need to have my legs colder than the rest of me so have the duvet folded at all sorts of angles. I've had this for as long as I can remember (my parents would find me walking around my bedroom trying to tire my legs out as a kid) so you have my sympathies.
Nov 2014
10:31pm, 17 Nov 2014
607 posts
  •  
Phil70
It's taken my about an hour to get to sleep every night for the past two weeks, due to RLS. I'm always concerned that my constant fidgeting will wake my wife up. If there is a running link to it, I have not run since the Thames Meander Marathon on 1 November although my excuse has been blocked sinuses.

About This Thread

Maintained by pinkladykat
i have suffred with this for yr . and i use to have a banana every night and it would help or i just...