Repairing worn trainers

2 watchers
Apr 2022
7:17pm, 28 Apr 2022
580 posts
  •  
Minimag
I originally posted in a Nike Pegsasus thread, but that obviously didnt get the click through of people who do repair their trainers.

I have a pair of very nice Pegasus 38 trainers, they have done about 180 miles. I am obviously a bit heavy on the outside of my left foot, and have worn the carbon rubber on that side. Otherwise, the trainers are good, excellent in fact. No wear visible on the right foot, and I would like to repair the ouside of the left one (I know I can get both professionally resoled for £35, but as I can buy a new pair for about £55, I am loath to do that).

I have bought some Butaprem shoe glue and some non-slip sole things which I have cut up and stuck to the shoe in the worn bits, but these are thin, and I cant see them lasting.

What is the best rubber to use to replace the worn rubber, cut up car tyres? Any suggestions welcome
pic below
Apr 2022
8:52am, 29 Apr 2022
6,972 posts
  •  
bigleggy
Erm , I don't know anything about repairing shoes.

But where can you buy new Nike Pegasus for £55 ? I'll stock up now :-)
Apr 2022
9:13pm, 30 Apr 2022
3,152 posts
  •  
Oranj
Not heard of that before sounds like strong stuff, I might give it a go.

I've been using Shoe Goo to add rectangles of rubber to my shoes, like this:

I've been buying the rubber sheet off eBay in smallish amounts, of 2mm or 3mm thick, 20×20cm, but it doesn't last long. The best solution was my initial trial which was a rubber doormat from Homebase and using offcuts of that. It seems harder wearing.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Minimag
I originally posted in a Nike Pegsasus thread, but that obviously didnt get the click through of people who do repair their trainers.

I have a pair of very nice Pegasus 38 trainers, they have done about 180 miles. I am obviously a bit heavy on the outside of my left foot, and have worn the carbon rubber on that side. Otherwise, the trainers are good, excellent in fact. No wear visible on the right foot, and I would like to repair the ouside of the left one (I know I can get both professionall...