Reinvention clinic

10 watchers
May 2016
3:36pm, 5 May 2016
9,241 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
I'm still at it. Stretching like a mofo and feeling some benefit. Back seems to be one of the stiffest areas and I find it hard to get at.
May 2016
4:51pm, 5 May 2016
8,530 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Sticking with all the cross-training - definitely starting to feel a bit stronger. I decided to trial extra iron tablets for a month to see if it helped with the fatigue - they do seem to be making a difference (2 weeks in)/
May 2016
9:55pm, 8 May 2016
4,207 posts
  •  
marshallini
End of reinvention week 8;
Saturday - 18:14 5k (equal fastest this year) :)
Sunday - Full blown cold :(

Week 9 is all about recovery. Part of the whole reinvention thing was to schedule in rest weeks, but while things are going well you always think you can do another week or squeeze in another race.

Although it sucks today, it's probably a good thing (?) Every 9th week is now going to be a down week ;)
Aug 2017
7:34am, 11 Aug 2017
11,734 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
I'm midst training for Yorkshireman, currently on hols in Greece, making this a rest week. Swimming been a big feature of the week which has reminded me that I ought to try and add that to my training plan when I get back

Anyhow. A slow move to re-invention is naturally happening after pretty much a huge "fail" year! I turned 50 in July and the social whirl and noticeable affects of hormone time certainly have helped me come to a point of achievable small changes

How's everyone else?
Aug 2017
8:27am, 11 Aug 2017
10,968 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Still a cross training devotee - mostly 2 strength sessions at the gym and a swim each week. I have definitely been less affected by niggles and seem to have resolved my longstanding hamstring issue.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by FRU (KeepTheFaith)
So, I've hit a bad patch of exhaustion.... However I won't be beaten that easy... I'd like to rei...