Regulaing Breathing

1 watcher
Sep 2015
7:55pm, 7 Sep 2015
1,001 posts
  •  
LordWotsit
ello all
My daughter is just starting to run with me but she seems to have difficulty regulating her breathing. I think it is just a case of thinking to much about how she is breathing, how she is running etc. I have tried to explain how I breath but I don't think that helps. I don't listen to music as I run but to those of you who so do you think that would help? Any other suggestions would be a great help.
Thanks in advance
Sep 2015
8:31pm, 7 Sep 2015
17,555 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Maybe she's trying to run too fast. Try a very slow jog and talk to each other
Sep 2015
9:09pm, 7 Sep 2015
6,825 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I'd agree with DT - very easy running at conversational pace - chatting in complete sentences, walk breaks when needed. Easier breathing will come :)
Sep 2015
9:33pm, 7 Sep 2015
1,002 posts
  •  
LordWotsit
Thanks guys
Sep 2015
9:51pm, 7 Sep 2015
23,068 posts
  •  
Fleece and Dust
How old is she? My younger son struggled with his breathing when he started running park run with me, I used to tell him to pretend he was blowing out candles on a cake to reset his breathing, which seemed to help. Walking breaks are good, too!
Sep 2015
9:51pm, 8 Sep 2015
1,003 posts
  •  
LordWotsit
She is 14 I said for her to set the pace but I think I will rein it in a bit

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by LordWotsit
ello all
My daughter is just starting to run with me but she seems to have difficulty regulating he...