Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Regulaing Breathing

1 watcher
Sep 2015
7:55pm, 7 Sep 2015
1001 posts
LordWotsit
ello all
My daughter is just starting to run with me but she seems to have difficulty regulating her breathing. I think it is just a case of thinking to much about how she is breathing, how she is running etc. I have tried to explain how I breath but I don't think that helps. I don't listen to music as I run but to those of you who so do you think that would help? Any other suggestions would be a great help.
Thanks in advance
Sep 2015
8:31pm, 7 Sep 2015
17555 posts
Derby Tup
Maybe she's trying to run too fast. Try a very slow jog and talk to each other
Sep 2015
9:09pm, 7 Sep 2015
6825 posts
Autumnleaves
I'd agree with DT - very easy running at conversational pace - chatting in complete sentences, walk breaks when needed. Easier breathing will come :)
Sep 2015
9:33pm, 7 Sep 2015
1002 posts
LordWotsit
Thanks guys
Sep 2015
9:51pm, 7 Sep 2015
23068 posts
Fleece and Dust
How old is she? My younger son struggled with his breathing when he started running park run with me, I used to tell him to pretend he was blowing out candles on a cake to reset his breathing, which seemed to help. Walking breaks are good, too!
Sep 2015
9:51pm, 8 Sep 2015
1003 posts
LordWotsit
She is 14 I said for her to set the pace but I think I will rein it in a bit

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by LordWotsit
ello all
My daughter is just starting to run with me but she seems to have difficulty regulating he...

Close