Red dots with exclamations in ascend field on training log view?

1 watcher
Jun 2017
8:37am, 5 Jun 2017
2,116 posts
  •  
larkim
Just noticed a few of my runs / rides (and those from others too if I can see their summary logs) are showing a "0" with a red circle and exclamation mark next to them in the summary view of the training log. Is this a new "blip". The logs themselves seem to show elevation changes correctly.
Jun 2017
8:57am, 5 Jun 2017
2,176 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
For some reason that I never understood, Fetch doesn't work out elevation gain/loss when you import an activity. It is only worked out when you ( or someone else ) views or edits that activity.

Therefore the exclamation in the Ascent field on the training log view normally meant that it had not worked out the elevation.

In the current case, this is obviously not the issue, as I have a few runs showing like that, even though I have been in and viewed them ( always edit my run anyway to add in the shoes I've worn ). Can't see any pattern with those that are showing this
Jun 2017
9:28am, 5 Jun 2017
2,117 posts
  •  
larkim
I know the site overwrites whatever GPS-based elevation my watch has generated (which I'm happy with as that is generally fairly duff data) and replaces it with topographically generated data (Strava does much the same), presumably that takes a small amount of processing post-import hence the delay / wait until an edit is performed. But as you say, no particular rhyme or reason why there are a handful which have the zero on the summary view.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Just noticed a few of my runs / rides (and those from others too if I can see their summary logs) ar...