Recycling in the current new world

8 watchers
Apr 2020
8:13pm, 10 Apr 2020
11,243 posts
  •  
Ness
Our red recycling bin and black bins are being emptied as normal. Our green bin for garden waste was emptied last week but now won’t be collected again for another month. Kinda restricting the garden work I can do!
Apr 2020
8:26pm, 10 Apr 2020
3,327 posts
  •  
jabberknit
Waste and recycling bins still being emptied weekly, and garden waste fortnightly, here. Don't know if that will carry on happening though, but nothing on the council website about it as yet.
Apr 2020
12:28pm, 16 Apr 2020
8,228 posts
  •  
Valyrian Plastic
A week ago I pulled my litter picker out of the garden shed and took to the streets. I filled up a Tesco bag-for-life almost to the brim twice on my first round, just from collecting cans and bottles (plastic and glass). We have big recycling bins in the car park on the main road that are free to access, and in some cases it's easy to open them up to make decanting the waste that much easier.

I've also been noticing just how much rubbish is accumulating on the rural roads and farm paths. I headed southbound this morning and after walking just half a mile (sticking to one side of the road) I'd already filled up the Tesco bag. I found another large shopping bag on the verge, which allowed me to another half a mile before turning back.

I'm going out soon to get another two loads. Maybe I should look into how I can make this a communal effort.
Apr 2020
12:32pm, 16 Apr 2020
17,177 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
i fear that fly tipping will be huge given the lack of recycling and the tips being closed

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
With councils everywhere dropping collections to the main black bins only I thought we could share i...