Recovery drinks food etc

5 watchers
Feb 2015
9:50am, 10 Feb 2015
965 posts
  •  
Nutso Lazytoad!
Thank you all so much for your comments and advice :)

I think im going to try and avoid protein powder if I can just because the massive long list of chemically ingredients scares me a little.
Its also nice to see I now have an excuse for that black pudding sandwich I enjoy on a Saturday!

I have decided im going to make myself up a smoothie and pop it in the fridge for when I return, greek yoghurt milk and fruit and see if that helps me any :)

Do I need to drink it as soon as I finish my workout so I take it with me or will waiting half an hour make no difference?
Feb 2015
9:54am, 10 Feb 2015
5,562 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
The theory is that the best window for recovery nutrition to help is within half an hour of finishing.
Mar 2015
9:08pm, 7 Mar 2015
984 posts
  •  
Nutso Lazytoad!
Thank you for all your advice guys 😊 I took the plunge and bought some whey protein and it seems to be doing the trick. I have a question though re pre mixing, the packet says drink within 20 mins of making....... Tomorrow I'm off for so long run then not coming straight home. I was going to make it up and leave it in my car yo drink as soon as I finish. Does anyone know the reason for not pre mixing?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nutso Lazytoad!
Hi Guys

Im ramping up my training in advance of needing to run 10 miles in August eeek! For obvio...