Raynaud's

32 watchers
Mar 2021
3:13pm, 5 Mar 2021
2,010 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Long time sufferer here.

I find I sweat like Rik Mayall while running, but my hands are white in the 10 mins it takes to drive home. Can take best part of an hour, including hot tea and a shower to warm up again.

Changes in temps on a warm day are a nightmare, peeling potatoes, carrots or handling 'wet' food even while wearing marigold type gloves will set it off.

My feet aren't affected. They can be numb with cold and wet, but as soon as I am out of the immediate wet, they warm up quite quickly and are fine.
Dec 2021
8:05pm, 16 Dec 2021
3 posts
  •  
Glenorchil
I got on Nifepedine 10mg time release, worked great and no effect on BP.
Dec 2021
8:08pm, 17 Dec 2021
1,288 posts
  •  
Fields & fountain, moor & mountain
I found I suffered from this, or something similar, and buying thermal long Johns (has made a massive difference as it was always my legs that suffered, particularly when wearing jeans. Feel so much better for it.
Dec 2021
8:19pm, 17 Dec 2021
83,281 posts
  •  
Hanneklaas
Dressing from top to toe in merino seems to do the trick for me. I also use circulation boosting herbs and spices.
Biggest thing for me was being told to keep my head warm!!! A woolly hat or merino beany and now I rarely have cold hands and feet! Used to be a nightmare in the shops! So cold...
Dec 2021
8:46pm, 17 Dec 2021
9,011 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Yes, I find keeping the rest of my body warm prevents more problems with my hands than trying to keep my hands warm.
Dec 2021
9:55pm, 17 Dec 2021
1,292 posts
  •  
Fields & fountain, moor & mountain
The thermal ankle high slippers someone got me a few years ago are essential, they’re never off my feet. I can have just a t shirt on but still need them.
Dec 2021
10:17pm, 17 Dec 2021
83,290 posts
  •  
Hanneklaas
I bought ankle high felt slippers last year. They are amazing! You wear them barefoot and they keep me toasty warm.
Also, I swear by my merino extra long buff and hoodies! When I feel my hands go cold, I put the hood up and temperature rises :)
Dec 2022
2:21pm, 17 Dec 2022
4,265 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
I’m naming trouble with a toe and a finger! Wondering if it’s Raynauds in some form. I used suffer with mild cases a few years ago in the winter after a run but it would go off after a few hours.

I’ve had a similar sensation on my middle toe since last week and my middle finger today since I went to the gym. Does raynauds last for extended periods of time sometimes or could it be something else?
Dec 2022
2:39pm, 17 Dec 2022
66,595 posts
  •  
Merry Lip Gloss
I just have trouble with my fingers and driving can sometimes be horrendous even wearing gloves
Dec 2022
2:48pm, 17 Dec 2022
4,266 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
I had that trouble last week in the minus 5 weather LG. horrible 🥶

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
No major issues for me yet this year - but I had a Fetchie contact me to say that they were struggli...