Raynaud's

32 watchers
Jan 2020
11:17pm, 4 Jan 2020
2,168 posts
  •  
Fitz
I received a pair of rechargeable hand warmers as a Christmas gift for my forthcoming ski trip, hopefully that will help a bit with the cold white numb painful fingers. And next week I pick up my new car that has a heated steering wheel!
Jan 2020
11:35am, 5 Jan 2020
37,668 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
My 10 fingers are totally numb and white and I'm sitting indoors :-(
Jan 2020
1:40pm, 5 Jan 2020
4,432 posts
  •  
quimby
A heated steering wheel! :-O Fantastic!
Jan 2020
2:19pm, 5 Jan 2020
5,296 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I want a heated steering wheel. Driving gloves have to suffice for now.
Jan 2020
2:34pm, 5 Jan 2020
1,809 posts
  •  
Oranj
I doubt I drive enough to warrant one.

I keep an old 4-inch nail by the front door to provide more leverage on my front door key with cold stiff hands - it's just a good size to poke through the hole in the end of the key. Needed it after today's ride.
Jan 2020
5:24pm, 5 Jan 2020
1,553 posts
  •  
Flatlander
There are lots of key aids for those who have poor finger/hand dexterity.
This gives an idea of what is available completecareshop.co.uk
Something like those attached to the key remove the need for a nail which could possibility go missing exactly at the time you need it - and also if the hands get so cold that even the nail can't be grasped.
Jan 2020
6:25pm, 5 Jan 2020
4,434 posts
  •  
quimby
I would say my hands go "slow" when cold. I have struggled with the front door key in the past. Sadly our door does not have a Yale key, so those turners don't seem to fit.
Jan 2020
6:55pm, 5 Jan 2020
1,811 posts
  •  
Oranj
Interesting, although they all look a bit bulky for a shorts/cycle jersey pocket.

I quite like my nail. I doubt if anyone who comes to the door has ever seen it and it's got a bit rusty and anonymous the last few years.
Jan 2020
8:54pm, 5 Jan 2020
14,642 posts
  •  
Rosehip
:( my fingers went all white and waxy again today, the first time since March, which I was hoping was a one-off. Had to sit on my hands, in gloves for 10 minutes before I dared drive as I didn't think I had enough feeling in them.
Jan 2020
9:38am, 8 Jan 2020
5,663 posts
  •  
TeeBee
Hi all - came here after hearing it mentioned in the podcast. I suffer quite badly in the winter with this. Routinely have problems opening my front door - didn't occur to me it would be a common issue - definitely going to try the nail trick! Now for a read back!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
No major issues for me yet this year - but I had a Fetchie contact me to say that they were struggli...