Raynaud's

32 watchers
Dec 2019
6:33pm, 18 Dec 2019
23,204 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
No major issues for me yet this year - but I had a Fetchie contact me to say that they were struggling with it. I assumed that we already had a thread for it, but couldn't find one. So here it is :-)
Dec 2019
6:36pm, 18 Dec 2019
15,431 posts
  •  
Sprinter Wonderland
We've discussed it often enough (me! me!) - I'm surprised there's not a thread too. Flatlander is very knowledgeable on the subject.
Dec 2019
6:38pm, 18 Dec 2019
5,139 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I have recently got a pair of “turtle doves” recycled cashmere wrist warmers. I love them and they make a big difference when it’s cold, though not so good once it’s freezing!
Dec 2019
6:41pm, 18 Dec 2019
23,205 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
These are the mittens I have for walking the dogs in the cold:

amazon.co.uk

Katie heart bought them for me a few years back, and they've been amazing.
Dec 2019
6:45pm, 18 Dec 2019
4,414 posts
  •  
quimby
I have not been bothered by it until this morning. A stomach bug had me on the toilet at 04:15 today for 15 mins. Sans pyjamas (I had been warm enough to take them off earlier) I got quite cold and really failed to get warm before I got up again at 05:58. Even though I put my pyjamas on again. When I got up I was generally cold, and cold water whilst brushing my teeth set my fingers going. My bath warmed them up, but first tome I’ve had it in the house.

I do get cold hands at work; I recommend silk liner gloves which are sold for putting under big ski gloves.
Dec 2019
6:48pm, 18 Dec 2019
1,547 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I don't know about being very knowledgeable! ;-)
I am sure there are others who know more.

I wear battery heated gloves for cycling - they are great. I've mentioned them a few times over the years when the topic has come up on blogs. I also wear silver impregnated socks on the bike - the metal reflects heat back to the skin. In addition, I have a battery heated coat, although it is so warm by itself that I haven't needed the battery heat :-)
Dec 2019
6:49pm, 18 Dec 2019
8,263 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I might be a lost cause. I even suffer with it i on cooler days in summer.
Dec 2019
6:51pm, 18 Dec 2019
15,432 posts
  •  
Sprinter Wonderland
Me too Cath. I have to be careful putting my hands in the fridge! Bit mad isn't it!
Dec 2019
6:51pm, 18 Dec 2019
323 posts
  •  
Rog T
I've not been diagnosed with it but I have had a few instances of this over the last couple of years, usually just after a run. I got one of these for my birthday recently which I have taken on dog walks with me and use to gently warm my hands post run - works a treat. (sorry, don't know how to do the fancy links)

amazon.co.uk
Dec 2019
6:55pm, 18 Dec 2019
1,548 posts
  •  
Flatlander
This is a copy and paste of a post I made on the Raynaud's Syndrome group.

"I have to take a statin due to a rare autoimmune disease which a small number of sufferers of Raynaud's Syndrome develop, and I've noticed that my Raynaud's has been a lot better, with fewer and less severe attacks, so I looked for supporting scientific evidence:
sclerodermanews.com
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
clinicaltrials.gov
mdedge.com

The study samples are unavoidably small due to the rarity of the AID.

I assume that you are aware of this Raynaud's society? sruk.co.uk "

I wouldn't recommend taking a statin just for Raynaud's ;-) !

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
No major issues for me yet this year - but I had a Fetchie contact me to say that they were struggli...